Monday, August 30, 2010

Beguiled

I love Deeanne Gist. She is without a doubt, one of my favorite fiction writers. And, I have to admit, I was a little nervous when I heard that she was doing a crime/romance novel with another writer (J. Mark Bertrand). I shouldn't have been! Beguiled was a great book! It was a quick read, and so very entertaining!

Per the back of the book:
"Rylee Monroe, a dogwalker in Charleston's wealthiest neighborhood, never feared the streets at night. But now a thief is terrorizing the area and worse, someone seems to be targeting her.
Reporter Logan Woods is following the break-ins with the hope of publishing his coverage as a true-crime book. The more he digs, the more he realizes this beguiling dogwalker seems to be at the center of everything.
As danger draws ever closer, Logan must choose; Chase the girl, the story, or plunge into the shadows after the villain who threatens everything?"

From the very first page, I was wrapped up in this story! It was fast paced and full of adventure and intrigue. But also had Deeanne's touch of romance and faith.  It was beautifully pieced together. 

Rylee has a fun job that she loves. She's working in her favorite part of Charleston, her hometown, caring for pets that she loves as her own family. To her, they are her only family, except for her aging grandmother who lives in a Senior Care Facility. While she doesn't have much money or time, she enjoys her solo life. Or so she thinks.
Logan is an up and coming journalist working on a true-crime novel on the side. He loves his home in Charleston and is seeking to find his way in the world of publishing while not forgetting his roots in church and family.
When the two of them are unexpectedly thrown together one night, it sparks the beginning of an adventure neither one was looking for!
You will definitely get wrapped up on their journey to seek the truth of the burglaries, their relationship, and their pasts. I look forward to future collaborations from these authors!

*I received a copy of Beguiled from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own!*

Look for a giveaway coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment