Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

I know, I know, I haven't been here in so long. I'm sorry. Life has caught up with me, and I just didn't take the time to sit down and blog. I've missed it though (I like to think that you do too).  Our life has been moving along at the steady pace of crazy. Which I guess is normal for a stay at home mom of two toddlers with a husband who travels.  This past I've been thinking back over the past several years, and I'm amazed at how blessed we are. Sunday, during church, I was teaching Ethan about Thanksgiving and how we should be thankful to God for what we have. We made a cute little turkey out of his handprint and I asked what he was thankful for. He answered, "Mommy, Daddy, Lydia. And me, I'm thankful God made me."  It was such sweet innocence, but so true. I am thankful that God made me, as well. Because if He hadn't, I wouldn't be a wife to my amazing husband, a mom to my precious children. I wouldn't have the wonderful siblings and godly parents that I was blessed with; and most important, I wouldn't be able to worship and thank my Creator. I am so blessed.
Even when life gets hectic, I try to remember to say thank you for blessing me with healthy children to love.
When I miss my husband while he travels, I say thank you for blessing him with a great job to provide for us.
As I watch my younger siblings continue to grow and mature, I say thank you for godly parents who raised us up in the way we should go.
As you gather with your families tomorrow and this weekend, what will you be thankful for? And will you continue to thank God for them throughout the year?

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment