Monday, October 25, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I have a great new menu worked up for this week - we're trying some new recipes :)
Last year I tried the site E-Mealz. I liked the concept, but we didn't use enough of the recipes to justify the cost.
It's $15 for a three month subscription; once a week you log on and print off a menu and shopping list for the week. There are a lot more options now, than a year ago! There are family plans - 7 meals feeding 4-6 people and meal plans for 2 - 5 meals feeding 1-2 people. There are regular meal plans and specialty meal plans: low fat, low carb, gluten free, points system and vegetarian. You can also choose any store or store specific options.
This time we're trying the Low Carb family meal plan. I will see how it goes over the next 3 months and then decide if I want to renew. So, here's our plan for this week:
The only thing I changed is we're not having the fish meals planned for this week, because I didn't want to buy any fish and we really wanted Taco Soup, so I nixed those two.

-Pork Tenderloin
w/ Brussels Sprouts
-Crock Pot Chicken Chili
-Ground Beef  and Cabbage Casserole
w/ Roasted Carrots
-Dijon Skillet Chicken
w/ Broccoli
-Herbed Porkchops
w/ BLT salad
-Taco Soup

We'll be eating leftovers and sandwiches for lunches and waffles or breakfast sandwiches for breakfasts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment